Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Warm-Up Sketch: Korra

I finally got a copy of Autodesk Sketchbook Pro!  I have admired the work of Skottie Young and Calum Alexander Watt for quite awhile now, and was always impressed with the way they both got the most out of their line work and colors via this program.  I took a look at a number of YouTube process videos (by a number of artists) and was sold.

I just had a chance to watch the entire "Legend of Korra" series this past weekend (which I very highly recommend to anyone looking for a great cartoon series), so I figured I'd take a stab at drawing Korra for a quick warm-up sketch.

I was starting to see a bit more clearly by the end how the line-weight worked,
as well as the opacity-fill equivalent for the softer brushes.

I still have a lot of work to do to get used to the the controls, the brushes, and the overall program in general (not to mention the work I need to do to improve my ability to color), but this was a really fun first step.  I would recommend this in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a great art program (and that isn't even taking into consideration the fact that the price is unbelievably good).


No comments:

Post a Comment