Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fantasy Headshots

The sheer amount of characters you deal with in fantasy games (offline and on) is a great source of inspiration for sketching portraits and scenes.  I find myself constantly trying to convince my D&D players or potential DMs that they "need a visual to really get a sense of the character", which of course means "I am going to use this as an excuse to sketch you a digital portrait in Photoshop whether you want it or not...".

A less-than-stereotypical Half-Orc Wizard

A very stereotypical Halfling Rogue

A crazy wildling girl

A beardless female dwarf (poor girl, imagine the stigma!)

A lecherous Elf

A Mysterious Monk

Warforged Runepriest avatar for the 4th Ed. character builder*
(*The reference was a little 98x130 image of a grey-metal robot face found on the web, which I cannot for the life of me find a link to anymore)