Saturday, January 23, 2016

Warm-up Sketch: X-23

I love the X-23 character.  I was shocked, because I was convinced it was going to be a retread of Wolverine and a gender swap so they could get away with it.  I am happy to say I was wrong - the only problem is that Marvel writers now want to pen a 95% normal Laura who has a "few anger issues lurking around from her past."  This is wasting the character's potential.  She was completely broken as a person, and to just toss away the wellspring stories that spring from that is a disservice to the character.  Give me the vacant stares and stiff shoulders when meeting the Fantastic 4's proteges over the forced date-an-Angel and "normal" reactions.

Ah well...here is a terrible warm-up sketch of X-23.  Even her conditioned hatred of being late seems to be a quirk that has been lost in the shuffle.

Click to enlarge


No comments:

Post a Comment